I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Looking for Mr. Right

My son's best friend's mother was getting re-married last weekend. He was invited to the festivities, but I was at a loss for a gift idea.
I don't think two "mature" people who are combining households need another toaster or blender. I wanted to make something. My son has a tremendous sense of humor, so I wanted the gift to reflect that.
It was important to honor how "right" they are for each other, so here is hubby's sham:
and here is wife's sham...
I originally thought about embroidering pillowcases, but then I found these lovely quilted shams at Walmart. The color is a pale aqua with the embroidery in teal and gray. I wish I had taken a picture of the whole sham. They have pretty box edges. They had many more colors in the store and the quality is great. CLICK HERE to see them online.
I digitized the sayings myself. The words are actually the same height:

I am offering this design in my ETSY SHOP. It is for the 150x240 or larger hoops only. Right now, it and all my other embroideries are on sale for 25% off until Sunday, no coupon needed!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html