I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

186 Years into the Past...the Animals

I seem to be on a kick with "Number" Titles lately. Last week, I traveled back to 1830 with Davy on a field trip to Old Sturbridge Village. It is a fabulous place! If I lived closer, I would love to work there. I got so many great pictures that I'm going to spread them over a few posts. Today we'll meet the animals of OSV...
 Who doesn't love a horse-drawn wagon ride? The driver told me they do many weddings each weekend and he drives a carriage with the black horse. Some people do it in costume. I would love to attend one!
 This little lamb was so cozy sleeping on a flat rock. Everyone was saying they wanted to bring him home!
 Their parents were nearby.
 There were several hens and one rooster roaming around. The black speckled Barred Rock looks just like one of our chickens. The lady of the house said they lay eggs in random places. I call this a "hen party."
 This man was leading his oxen to do some work.
There were several pigs. You could tell you were getting close to the pigs by their unique "eau de farm".

Here's another little baby lamb snuggled up to Mom. See how their fur starts out so white? See how the Mom is so dirty? I wondered if it's easier to wash the wool while it's on the sheep or after shearing?
 There were other school groups there with us. While we were admiring this beautiful baby, a boy about 12 years old ran over and shouted to his group, "look at the horse!" We told him it was a calf, but his chaperone came over and yelled, "hey. look at the little horse!"  Ummm...city folk.
 One more of the little lambs. Do you think hubby would notice if I kept one in the garage??

I have not posted in awhile because in the midst of farm trips and beautiful weather, I spent 2 overnights at the ER. One daughter dislocated her elbow and the other had suspected appendicitis. The elbow is in and it was not her appendix, so we are back in the saddle!







No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html