I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, April 4, 2016

Lillian the First

I thought it would be fun to join in the "Lillian" challenge on the Children's Corner Facebook page this month. It was a pattern I did not own (I know- hard to believe) and had never tried. It is a very basic sleeveless a-line dress.
The first one I made was this one from Shell Pique by Fabric Finders. I had about 5/8 yd from a destash group and it was just enough for a size 3. It is lined with white broadcloth.

I found this starfish embroidery with "writing" and liked it. I am not thrilled with the turquoise on the starfish. However, you should know that I investigated starfish coloration and they come in many, many colorways.


The back is plain and closes with white buttons. There are little vents at the bottom of each side and I would like to add some embellishment there, but I haven't decided what yet.

Next time I will share my other "Lillian" creation!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html