I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

55 Hours...

21 Friends...
3 Quilts...
15 Kitchen Towels...
3 Days...
12,000 Calories...

That is a quilting retreat for you! I spent last weekend at an inn having an excellent time sewing, eating, and a little bit of sleeping! I had so much fun chatting while we sewed. This was a new location for my Guild and it had a large room with lots of space and light! The meals were included and were fabulous. We would sew between meals and you never felt hungry before it was time to go to the dining room again!

This is one of the quilt tops I worked on. I had started these blocks last Fall, but they sat unfinished. I competed all 100 8" blocks and they are sewn together in rows. Here they are just laid out, but you can see the diamond illusion of the blocks. The light/dark pattern is what causes this effect! I am hoping this will be King size with borders.



I also made this mini quilt. My Guild is doing an Alphabet Challenge and I got letter D. I decided to do a Dress and the D is Dotted. Isn't it Darling? We had to bind with black, so I added the magenta rick rack to set it off. I can't share the whole alphabet yet- but maybe later!



Here's the place we stayed and sewed!



This is a waterfall I saw on the way home!

My computer has been freezing, so I haven't been able to post. Hope to be back soon!!!

1 comment:

ShirleyC said...

I love, love that quilt! It has a pinwheel effect. So neat!

pinterest-dffa4.html