I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

2 Weeks...

of kitchen towels!
I had a blast working on these colorful and useful towels on my retreat.
13 are shown here and 5 more were given away to friends. I found strawberry, cherry, retro kitchen, camping and chicken fabrics. Do you see the first one in the second row? I got that fabric at an ugly fabric swap. I immediately thought of Dunkin Donuts. The motifs look like doughnuts and it is their signature orange/magenta colors.
Image result for dunkin donuts

I embroidered one with chickens, but mainly they are plain for hand-drying. I love having a stash of these, since we use them every day! My favorite is the black/white chicken print with the black towel. That fabric is from the Urban Zoologie line.  The strawberries and camping fabrics are from a destash group.
I have several yards of the mixed fruits on black. It was a giveaway at my Quilt Guild. I love that one! I seems to pick up retro kitchen fabrics whenever I see them. 
 I'm still working on 2 big quilts from the retreat. I'll share the other one next time.



No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html