I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Peachy Wee Gowns

This is a "free" post for me, since I didn't stitch these peachy little gowns myself. My talented friend Lynn made them. I met her in my Smocking Guild and she has now joined my Quilt Guild. She is an elegant lady and her sewing reflects that: always tasteful and from the nicest materials.

The fabric is similar to a dotted Swiss, but all in one color. However, the little nubs are more a part of the weave, rather than embroidered on.

Lynn reports that she found this at a store near her with a treasure trove of fabrics at low prices, because "they don't know what they have.". I love going there, too, but it is 1 1/2 hours from where I live. Probably a good thing for my bank account, though!



The 2 gowns are identical except for their smocking. You can see in the first photo that one is peach and white and the other has a hint of green. I am sure these sweet baby gowns will be much appreciated by the parents of the special babies who wear them.


No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html