I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Toile Kitchen Towels

I love pretty kitchen towels! My Mom buys me the Williams-Sonoma white towels that are the best quality! They have a smooth surface for embroidery, too!
This one is a lemon toile design from Embroidery Library. I used a golden lemony color, but I wish I had made it a little darker. The design is so pretty. I think they have many fruits with these designs.
This design looks like my hen Shelly. This one was done with a light brown thread. I wondered what it would look like in variegated thread, so I did it again (on a cheaper kitchen towel in case it didn't work).
I think it looks better in the solid thread, but this one looks good, too! I will probably turn this one into one of those button-top towels that I made a few weeks ago.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html