I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Wee Care Gowns and a Challenge

You may remember that I joined a Smocking Guild last fall. We are required to make 2 Wee Care Gowns per year to donate to preemies. I love babies, so this project is right up my alley! I started this white one in October, but haven't worked on it at all since.
It is a kimono sleeve daygown with a bit of smocking added to the center. I also embroidered a little baseball motif (from Oma's Place) on the bottom. The fabric is white Imperial batiste with red gingham bias binding.
I put the 3 mini designs together. I was trying to think of something that would appeal to the parents of a baby boy.

In November, the Guild started a challenge to make something from this gray/white striped fabric. Honestly, I planned about 20 different projects and actually started 3, but this is the only one I finished. I have one more in the works that I may also do. This project is due Thursday, so I had to get busy!
I used a tiny vintage trim that I had bought from Farmhouse Fabrics. I used the pattern from Gingersnap's Raglan Sleeve Daygowns Book. I made the smallest size. I stitched a bunny embroidery on the front and added the vertical stripes of trim. I initially gathered the sleeves to a cuff of the trim, but they just looked too tight, so I re-did them flat.
I adore this little bunny with a kite from Sew Beautiful's "Blue Ribbon Baby". I'm sure to use this one again and I liked that it was already small, but has nice details. The green on the kite matches the trim. Both of these little gowns close with buttons in the back. I am excited to have these done!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html