I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Practical Projects"

My Quilt Guild had a fun challenge in January. We were to put one or more fabrics we like into a bag. The bags were swapped and we each had to make a little something "practical" for our friend. My bag had all batiks in blues. I thought of the Spring Mug Rug at SF Stitch Co. It is appropriately titled, "Hurry Up, Spring!" I have wanted to make one for a long time and thought the blues would work well.
I got a real treat when I opened my bag. One of the most talented ladies in our Guild got my fabric and look what she made:
A complete kitchen ensemble! I can't believe how many things she made and the great co-ordinating fabrics she found! The 2 hotpads have pockets to slide your hand in. The hot mitt and pads have insulating batting. Isn't the kitchen towel pretty, too!? I had bought this fabric awhile ago because I loved it and always thought I'd make an apron. I have enough left to do that. These are so beautiful I feel like hanging them on the wall in my kitchen!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html