I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Something's Fishy

My Mom loves fingertip towels. You can be sure there will always be a fresh one by the sink. Since she bought me my sewing machine, I like to make little treats for her. However, fingertip towels are hard to find! I bought some plain white ones on ebay and I make her one every so often.
Well, my Mom had a favorite towel that she had purchased already embroidered with fish. It had suffered fading from being washed too many times and met its demise when some flooring guys dried their varnished hands on it (see the brown stains?).
I had told my Mom I could digitize it for her and I finally got to it. I only have certain thread colors and I didn't have the exact ones to match, but I made a brighter version.
I think it turned out pretty cute. Now, when this one gets faded or stained, I can just keep making new ones!


No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html