I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thank You Veterans!

Well, it's not Veteran's Day, but a friend of ours is retiring from the Air Force tomorrow. We have been invited to the ceremony and a picnic afterwards, so it will be a fun day. I thought a personalized wall hanging would be a good gift. Here's what I came up with:
The embroidered center has patriotic components from Sew Weird's Vintage Military set. The border is 3" half-square triangles. Here's a close-up of the embroidery:
I really, really like this embroidery. I love the stripes on the flags. Can you tell I used metallic thread for the flagpoles? The eagle is really attractive, too. I just like the lightness of this design, rather than the usual "fill" designs. The lettering is Embird Alphabet 23. 
Everything I used for this was "stash"! I even got this embroidery set free for submitting a photo a long time ago. Many of the fabrics were from my Quilt Guild auctions or fat quarters I won. The backing was from a July 4 dress I made Rosie a LONG time ago!
I hope he likes it!!

1 comment:

Linda Snyder said...

This is beautiful Lisa, and so sweet of you to make this special gift for your friend. I'm sure it will be treasured.

pinterest-dffa4.html