I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Little Buddy!

My darling Andy turned 4 last week! He is such a sweet little boy and we have so much fun with him! For his party, we had a petting zoo visit. They brought chickens, ducks, bunnies, goat, and a pony. Andy and his friends had a great time and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful!
Here's Andy holding a baby bunny. They were so soft! For his party, I machine embroidered this t-shirt for him.
Here he is with his Happy Cake. I got the Tractor cake at Walmart and we added the chickens. It fit the theme perfectly and was yummy, too!
Faux Smocked Tractor with Corn Embroidery Design
The design I used for his shirt is a faux-smocked tractor and corn from Applique Junkie.  I saw these stitched on t-shirts on etsy and thought it looked cute. You don't use a pleated fabric for an insert, you just stitch it right on the shirt. Definitely a quick alternative to hand-smocking an insert for a themed t-shirt. I mean, sometimes you just need to take a short-cut, right? She has many really cute designs for faux smocking. This was a quick and easy project and worked great. These would be nice for gifts too.
Happy 4th Birthday Little Man!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html