I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Frozen "Elsa" Pillowcase Dress

Our little friend Elsie is having her 6th Birthday tomorrow and Elsie loves Elsa from the movie "Frozen." So, I thought I'd just whip up a quick pillowcase dress for her gift. Well, the dress definitely was "whipped up" quickly, but the embroidery was another story!
 The problem was not with the design. It was amazing! Beautifully digitized and flawless! I would highly recommend Cute by Kira, which is where I bought this. She has several other nice "Cold" designs, too!
I hate to admit that my own disorganization caused the delay. I could not find the tiny scrap of skin-colored fabric I knew I had somewhere!! I just organized all my fabric into bins on a shelf in the laundry room, so that's how it got lost! I finally found it and then couldn't find my flesh-colored embroidery thread! Once I found everything, the design stitched very well! I used an organza overlay for Elsa's gown: it has shiny stars on it. Here's a close-up:
This design is the 5x7 size, but it also has 4x4 and 6x10 files. I was very excited to find this shooting star/snowflake fabric for the dress.
And here's the final product. Size 6. Made with one yard of fabric!
I wish I had put Elsa on the other side, so she was looking towards the center, but overall I love it and I hope Elsie will, too!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html