I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Civil War Quilt...Bordering on Done!

I am thrilled that my Civil War Quilt is nearly done! I finished the top this weekend. The borders are cut and I have all the squares to make up the patchwork backing cut, too! I managed to find enough of the fabrics I used to cut all of this. I figure I used up about 12 yards from my stash!! A few dozen more quilts and it will make a dent! The backing will be (12) 2 foot squares. I think it will be pretty and practical. Many of the plaids and homespuns I used were free from my quilt guild, so this was really an inexpensive project.
After I give this to my Mom for hand-quilting, I will move on to more "morning pants" for Andy and Easter outfits! Have you started on Easter outfits yet?

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html