I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fun with Felties!

So, tomorrow finally came and I got to play with these felt hair clips. I have had a lot of fun doing these. I get an idea and I go digitize it- so I have a bunch more to test out! Here's what I did so far:
Here are some closer views:
These birds are from DigiStitches. They come with the clippie cover with a branch and egg nest. Their design was a springy robin's blue, but I did red cardinals for winter.
These are 2 that I did myself. The owl on a branch looks cute in many colors. The hippo is a possibility for Valentine Card favors for Davy. His class "mascot" is a hippo, so I thought of doing hippo hair felties for the girls and pencil toppers for the boys. Our school does not allow any food items at all, so it is a challenge!
I digitized these flowers, too. These have to be the simplest design ever, but I think they are so cute. Any color would be great for these!!
 Chickens, of course!! I digitized these and I love them. I added the eggs to the clip covers, too. I was trying to decide what to do for Andy's class for Valentine's day, but he insisted on the chickens. I was thinking of printing a card with something like: "I'm not chicken to say Happy Valentine's Day!" What do you think??
These ice skates are from DigiStitches. I haven't quite finished them. The paper clips need to be glued in for the skate blades and they get a pompom on the toe and a tiny ribbon bow at the top of the laces. These have the clip right in the back- no separate piece. I love these, too!! I want to make more of these!
Coming up this week: finish Josefina's peasant dress for a birthday party tomorrow. some pillowcases, and an entry for Project Run & Play week 1. Busy, busy, but fun!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I've been wanting to try some felt hair clippies myself!

Lee said...

Love your stitches! I've seen other people do those; I've got to try it!

pinterest-dffa4.html