I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Chicken Quilt Block Bonanza!

I have been very busy lately. I just can't find much free time. I did manage to squeeze in a quilt block, though. My Guild is starting a block bonanza tonight. I will be part of a group of 9 Ladies. Each month, we will swap our "kits" among each other until everyone has made a block for everyone else. We can choose any theme we want. I thought about it for a long time, till one of my girls suggested "chickens!"
I was going to make a chicken, but I couldn't find a pattern that looked good and was still within my abilities. Then I found this free barn pattern on A Bee in My Bonnet Quilts. I love her patterns and this seemed to fit the bill. I jazzed it up a bit by adding machine embroidered chickens in the doorway and loft.
They represent our 3 chickens: Shelly is the golden, Blackie the gray/black and Benny is the little rooster. (I missed the jumps on the spots- will need to trim those!)
These chickens are from Britt Designs and I just reduced the size and combined them in Embird. I love the way they turned out. Bennie is a really good likeness!

Next up: start working on Dickens Ball Gowns for the ladies and something for the boys to wear to the Ball on December 21. I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html