I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

3 New Babies at Our House!

Did I get your attention with that title? If you think I had triplets, you are going to be disappointed! But 3 babies did join our family...baby chicks, that is! Yes, pet-free Lisa finally agreed to get animals. We are an allergy family and I always thought that 5 kids was enough work. But I understand that chickens are an easy pet and they will live outside, so...we are giving it a try!
Meet...

Chickorita (black), Benedict (tiny striped), & Shell-done Coop-her PHD (pretty hen deluxe). 
Chickorita is a Barred Rock, Benedict is a Bantam (mini chicken) of unknown breed, and Shell-done is a Rhode Island Red.We have been to some great yard sales this summer and we found a brand-new chicken coop at one for $40. The chickens only cost $2.50 each and are hens, so they will be pets and provide us with fresh eggs when they are mature (at 24 weeks old). Here are some pictures of them in freshly-mowed grass. The Bantam is only about 3" long- so adorable!



Here's Benedict on my hand (and I have small hands):
It will be fun to watch them grow! I have several projects queued up to share with you, so I'll be back soon!



1 comment:

Karen said...

They are so CUTE!

pinterest-dffa4.html