I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Amazing "Ella Kathryn" Bonnet by Linda S.

My friend Linda S. was a tester for my Ella Kathryn Bonnet Pattern. As so often happens to me, life got in the way and her bonnet wasn't ready in time for the pattern release. BUT it was worth the wait! She made this amazing confection with a gorgeous floral print and a hand shadow-worked insertion. Add some tiny piping and French lace and you have a perfect bonnet! She wrote: "I especially liked this pattern because it lends itself so well to various embellishments and interpretation." Gee, Linda, I couldn't have said it better myself!
I mentioned to her how much I like the ties she made and she replied: "the "fluffy" ties were made from cutting 4 in. wide, unlined fabric strips (on the lengthwise grain) and hemmed using my narrow rolled hem foot.
I also love her shadow-work insertion. She added Swiss bridging embroidery on both sides and wove floss in colors to match the shadow-work. She also generously offered to share the embroidery pattern with us: "If you'd like the simple shadow embroidery pattern to offer with your bonnet, let me know.  I always make my own and do it all the time.  This one will only fit your bonnet, because it is slightly curved and just for that shape."
Wow!! I am thrilled that she has offered to share the embroidery design with us. As soon as I have it, I will post it in PDF with the bonnet pattern. 
If you haven't downloaded your FREE bonnet pattern yet, you can get it when you join the Mommy's Apron Strings Pattern Group on Facebook (click on "Join this Group)
While you're there, you can "like" my MAS page to keep updated on my blog via Facebook.

4 comments:

Angela Lee said...

That bonnet is spectacular!!! I love the insertions and the big bow!! Every detail just makes this little bonnet pop!

Hazel said...

WOW it is awesome ,any young girl would would love to own it .

Janice said...

These versions of your pattern are all just fabulous! Thanks s much for sharing the pattern and for posting all the made up bonnets. I love them all.

itmaiden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pinterest-dffa4.html