I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I "Mustache" You to Be My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!! We had a fun day today. I wanted to show you the fun Valentine's Davy brought to school today. Our school has instituted a no-candy policy (as well as no baked goods and no nuts). So, I knew I would have to make something to go with his cards. Rosie says mustache-themed items are all the rage right now, so when I saw these free mustache props and ruler decorations at Embroidery Garden, I knew they would be perfect. Boy, are they quick to make! I could fit 6 of either in my 6x10 hoop and they are just one color! I made 12 mustache props and 6 rulers. These were attached to the boy's cards. For the girls, I made felt hair clippies. The heart design is from GG's Designs. I took out the Valentine sentiments and changed it to I "heart" school name (blurred for privacy). These were also so quick to stitch. I fit 12 in my 6x10 hoop. I made one hooping for Davy's class and another one with I "heart" dance for Rosie's dance class that she assists in (the girls are 5-6 years old).
 I then had some fun in PhotoShop making these cards. They were going to be backers for the felties, but Davy decided he didn't want to use them. Oh, well, I learned how to do text!
 Hubby took the day off and we had a special dinner with little presents. My Mom brought us this delicious cake from our favorite bakery! Yum Yum!
Hope you had a Great Valentine's Day, too!

You can still try to win a vintage pattern in my previous post- 2 have been claimed, 1 more to go!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html