I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Crocheted Baby "Stork Pouch"

I actually made this about 2 years ago. My Andy was about 9 months old and I first saw these "Stork Pouches" to photograph newborns. This pattern was touted as being especially for larger babies, so I chose it. I whipped this up in a few hours from a soft chenille yarn. Andy did not like it despised it. I tried several times to take his picture in it, until finally he cried if he even saw it! We started calling it The Torture Net.
I didn't think I'd have another chance to use it so soon, but the arrival of my friend's baby has given me some fun photo ops! They came to visit yesterday and this was one of the props I had ready. I got a bunch of cute shots. It looks dangerous, but my hubby was actually holding the top of the net and she was just inches above the ground. Black velveteen makes a great background!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html