I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lancaster Loot

While in Pennsylvania, I had a ball stopping at a few fabric stores. I also asked the ladies at one of the shops if there was a good place that the locals shop and they directed me to Good's Store in Ephrata, which was like stepping into the past. They had all sorts of things you can't usually find and lots of clothes items that the Amish and Mennonites would wear. It was really fun!
Here are 
 I found some great flannels! My favorite is the mice floating on parachutes!
 These plaids are great for quilts and were $2.69/yard!
 Cookie monster is for Andy and the other two, I just liked. The orange one reminds me of the Jetsons.
 This is the Robot fabric that I had bought at Walmart and then I used it for Charity Quilts for my Quilt Guild. I thought I could replace it, but all the Walmarts near me were sold out. I was amazed to find it in PA while buying sneakers!
 These are some fun fabrics from Good's. The blue is a soft knit, the top white is a tone on tone, very much like Skip Dent, and the other white is a very soft twill. They are all easy-care poly/cotton and were only $3.59/yard. The one like Skip Dent will be great for boy's shirts.
 I love anything with Vintage Babies, so these had to come home with me!
The purple floral 30s print would be cute for a little girl's dress and I can just see a little boy's sunsuit or jon jon from the turquoise farm print! That's all! I hope to have a chance to do some sewing soon; I have started a baby dress for my friend, but I don't have much progress to show yet.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm drooling over your baby print. I know I can easily find some neat project to use it for very, very, very soon!

Elisabeth Rose said...

Are you telling me there's good baby news in your family? I thought that might be it when I read your blog!

pinterest-dffa4.html