I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cutest Little 50s Shirt

I managed to nearly finish the "Will" smocked shirt today. I just have to finish the buttonholes and sew on buttons. I LOVE the way it turned out. I kept it very simple, with no piping or cuffs. I struggled with not using piping, since it does make a pretty finish, but it wasn't on the 50s pattern (for the shirt that goes with the shorts) and I didn't have any cotton navy fabric, so I decided the plaid was fine on its own. I think the little bit of geometric smocking is adorable and it will fit with the V-front shorts really well.
I am cutting out the shorts now. I hope to finish them by the weekend. Katie surprised me with tickets to a local performance of Anne of Green Gables on Saturday and I'll be doing something fun on Sunday, too, so I'm going to have a great Mother's Day weekend. I hope you do, too!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html