I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Under the Sea Baby Blanket

My friend Shayna's sister is having her first baby in January. They chose an Under the Sea theme for his nursery and I volunteered to help Shayna make an embroidered blanket for the little guy. Unfortunately, we are both busy and haven't had a chance to get together. The baby shower is in a few days, so I decided to go ahead and stitch it out when I had some free time the other night. 
The fabric is a pale aqua cotton flannel. The designs are from Britt, but I can't find this set on her website anymore. I combined the separate sea creatures in Embird and reduced them by 50% so that the whole thing would stitch in my 6x10 hoop. The placement is diagonally on the corner of the 40x40 blanket. I still have to hem the edges. I am hoping to use a cute little snail from the set on a long-sleeved onesie to match. I think they will love this soft blankie!

4 comments:

Jan M said...

The designs are perfect for a wee lad! Every baby needs warm and soft blankets. It will be the perfect gift!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

How cute is that blankie? I'm sure the little darling will love it.

Anonymous said...

so sweet! :)

sorbetsurprise said...

Really cute little fishes!

pinterest-dffa4.html