I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Still Here...and Busy!

I haven't posted in a week, but it's not because I haven't been productive! I've been very busy working on Christmas presents. We got our Christmas tree, I sent out 80 Christmas cards, we attended a Christmas party, and had fun visiting local craft fairs! In more mundane news, I registered, inspected, rotated, fixed, and vacuumed my old car! I also had my Christmas party/Yankee swap at my Quilt Guild. As usual, I over-thought what to make for the swap. We are encouraged to make something quilting-related. For the past 2 swaps, I made a Santa Candy Jar and vintage bluebird embroidered pillowcases. This year, I finally decided to embroider a sweatshirt with our quilt guild's initials in a Varsity Feltie font.
The sweatshirt was a hit and was swapped many times before getting to its new owner! I got a good number in the swap (for the first time) and was thrilled to get this wonderful wall-hanging made by a talented friend of mine who works quilting magic with panels!
It is already on my kitchen wall making the area look very festive!
I also cut out Andy's little blue dress coat and have made a lot of progress on his red sweater:
The yoke and sleeves are done and I'm now working down the body. Another 3 hours and that should be done!
I'll be back (much sooner than a week this time) to show you some of the Christmas presents I have been working on! I hope you are enjoying getting ready for Christmas and getting lots of projects done!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html