I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Blue Winter Coat


I decided to make Andy a little dress coat before Christmas. He will need it, since his Christmas outfit is a smocked john john with a short sleeved shirt. I browsed ebay and there are some adorable little dress coats, but they are fairly expensive and they are usually wool, which is not my favorite fabric. It always makes me itch (I think I'm allergic) and I don't like to dry clean anything. So, I decided to make one. I bought some very soft fleece at JoAnn's black Friday sale. I got 2 yards for $4. I also bought a gray satin lining.
The pattern is from 1962. I like it because of the raglan sleeves, which I think will fit a small boy well. I also thought single-breasted would be less fussy on him, even though I love the double-breasted look. I can't resist that cute cap, either, though I am considering knitting a little hat to match. I might even make the leggings, for a total snuggly outfit.





I said I would share pictures of my Great Aunt Flo's china, which my Mom gave me recently and I used for Thanksgiving. Here is my table from our Thanksgiving with my parents.
 I have been embroidering my small stash of nice kitchen towels to have on hand as Christmas presents. I'll take pictures and share them soon. I have also been doing a lot of knitting and crochet, including these 2 works in progress:
The pixie hat is a pattern I am designing myself. The sweater is another of the 9 hour Toddler Sweaters, like the blue one I already finished. I am altering it to have ribbing and buttons instead of the garter stitch border.  I have lots to share with you, just not enough time to do it!

2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

OH! I can't wait to see the little blue coat. I love the pattern!! I have a fleece coat cut out for Ahnalin that I still need to sew her but I lost interest. However she keeps reminding me, so I had better do it soon. Happy coat sewing!

Janice said...

I love the coat pattern and can't wait to see the finished product. Raglan sleeves always seem to fit better and longer for little ones. Your Thanksgiving table is lovely with Aunt Flo's china.

pinterest-dffa4.html