I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Great Minds Think Alike...

I had been planning to share this little Easter dress for a few weeks now. It's been hanging on my coat rack, waiting to be photographed. Imagine my surprise when I saw this post at Michie's blog a few days ago! Her sweet little dress is like a bishop version of mine. I always loved this smocking plate done with brown bunnies on yellow fabric. I guess Michie likes that combination, too!

I made this dress for Katie's first Easter and Rosie wore it for her first Easter 2 years later. They were both 12 months old and this dress is a size one from the Chery William's Basic Yoke Dress pattern. The fabric is Imperial batiste.

Here is a close-up of the smocking. I am still working on the little Drew Bubble for Andy and it is turning out well. I hope to finish it before my Thursday night Guild meeting and I'll post pictures when I do. I hope your Easter sewing is going well, too!

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

So pretty! I love the smocking. I am nowhere near finished with the smocking for Ahnalin's Easter dress. Yikes! I had better get busy!

pinterest-dffa4.html