I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, February 25, 2011

My Second Row

Last week I made a row of 4 blocks for the second person in my Row Robin exchange. She chose similar colors to mine, with brights set off by black. Here are the 4 blocks I did: (keep scrolling down)




















Here's how the whole row looked. She requested that we use at least 3, if not all 4 fabrics in each block. I like the way they turned out, but I'm not thrilled with the fabric she chose for sashing, because it has pinks and purples, not reds in it. I hope she likes what I came up with! This month, I'll be working on a country pink and green row. I'm hoping to get it done this coming week, while my kids are on winter vacation.

 Linking this post to Sew Darn Crafty at Sew Many Ways.

I want to share a funny moment from this week:
My son Petey is on his high school technology team. We tease him that he relishes being part of the "geek group". He was telling us that geeks are higher than nerds on the social spectrum. He said, "nerds have no social interactions. Geeks, however, have social interactions with other geeks..." Before he could finish, Katie cracked up laughing and said, "only a nerd would say "social interactions.""
Petey has always read A LOT and had an extensive vocabulary by first grade. I reminded him of the time he was in third grade and was waiting to be picked up. I saw him talking to an older kid and when he got in the car, I asked him what was going on. He said, "oh, I was just engaging him in conversation."

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html