I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

High School Senior Gift Idea

This weekend Petey went to a big birthday bash for a girl on his high school technology team. He is a freshman and she is a senior and she hosted the whole team at a "dinner and a movie" place near us. He had a great time! He needed a gift for her, so I thought about something personalized for college. She will be majoring in aerospace engineering in the fall. I modified an idea I made last summer for a neighbor's son who was graduating. I made a laundry toolkit with a personalized laundry bag and bath sheet.
We filled a small laundry basket with the towel, laundry bag, a package of all-in-one detergent and softener sheets, & a big bag of M&Ms.
  The bath sheet was a beautiful soft blue-green (the picture doesn't do it justice) and since I didn't have embroidery thread for a tone-on-tone look, I used tan. I used the same thread and font on the laundry bag (below) which was "Curlz" 4" from 8 Claws and a Paw.
  Petey had a great time at the party and Gen loved the present!

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

This is a great idea!! I know India would have loved this kind of gift. Now she is doing her own laundry at the Disney College Program in Anaheim.

pinterest-dffa4.html