I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Udderly Cute!

 This little cow button-on suit is one of my favorite outfits that I've made for my boys. The pattern is "Wright" by Children's Corner. It is size 6 months and is so cute with the puffy button-on pants over chubby thighs.
I love the look of picture smocking, but not the amount of time it takes, so I made one cow on this suit. It is a variation of Udder Perfection by Little Memories.
The shirt is Imperial Broadcloth and the pants are a black/white check rayon that I bought at a discount store. It is really soft. I have pictures of Petey and Davy in this suit and in a few months, Andy will be big enough to wear it too! Hope you enjoyed seeing it.

2 comments:

LMP said...

Love your button-on-suit. Did the design on the pleats on the sides come from the backsmocking? I saw that technique in A-Z of Smocking but have never used it. I really like the way it looks if that is how you did it.

Elisabeth Rose said...

HI, LMP! Yes, the back smocking is a wave pattern which shows as a zigzag shadow on the front. I like it, too. Thanks for leaving a comment!!

pinterest-dffa4.html