I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Sassy Snail Sun Suit

 This little snail sun suit and matching burp cloth is a gift I made for a friend who had a July baby. The fabric is 100% cotton seersucker and the pattern is one of the "big 4" retro remakes from the 50's. The applique is from Embroidery Boutique. I had fun making this. It was quick and easy and I think it turned out very cute!
I wanted to make a matching burp rag, so I started with a plain cloth diaper and added a border from matching fabrics and a saying, which was a freebie on Sewforum. (You must be a member to see this link).
I like the way this set turned out and think it made a great gift for a little summer baby boy. When you see the 2 pieces together, you realize how tiny the little sun suit is!
I hope you enjoyed seeing it. Thank you if you have become a Follower! It encourages me to keep writing and sewing! Please leave a comment; it's great to hear from you!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html