I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Everything Old is New Again - White Wednesday


Today I am sharing some pillowcases that I embroidered. These bluebird pillowcases were for a Yankee Swap.
I stitched these on my embroidery machine, using designs from Juli at Sew Weird. Her vintage embroideries are my favorites, because I think they look the closest to hand embroidery. I believe she works from vintage transfers and everything I have made with her designs has turned out well.
This floral basket set was made for one of my daughters. I worked on these on a weekend sewing retreat with my Quilt Guild. Most of the ladies had never seen an embroidery machine and were fascinated at how it stitched with very little operator input. They thought it was really funny that I was piecing a quilt on one machine while running embroideries on the other!

The last set is actually on light blue pillowcases. It is another floral basket design. These pillowcases were a gift for my Mom. She remembers doing embroidery similar to this when she was a girl. The design was stamped on the pillowcases for her to stitch.
 
Everyone who has received these as gifts loved them. Now, I just need to find time to make some for myself!

Linking to White Wednesday at Faded Charm.


Thanks to all who have become Followers or left comments; you really make my day when I see your message in my inbox!



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Such pretty pillowcases-all the love and work that went into them!

Atticmag said...

Those are beautiful. Your work is as good as vintage which is so rare these days. Thanks for showing it. Jane F.

Blessed Serendipity said...

I so love vintage linens, especially those bluebird pillowcases.

-Danielle

pinterest-dffa4.html