I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Black Floral Dress

Last summer, I had to make a dress for Rosie to wear to a funeral for her friend's dad. I wanted something appropriate for a 9-year-old, but in a subdued color. I found this black floral calico and thought it would be suitable. I used Maggie's Classics Basic A-line pattern and added several small tucks to the front yoke, though they are hard to see. I have many of Maggie's patterns and I think they are great. The artwork does not do justice to how nice they turn out. The pieces always fit together well and they come in a nice range of sizes. I have made several of her bubbles and boys' suits, which I will share in another post.

I just have to stitch the hem for my OFB Daygown Sew Along! I hope to share the finished gown tomorrow. It is really cute!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html