I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Apple for the Teacher

Well, it's back to school week at Mommy's Apron Strings and today I am sharing these dresses that my girls wore for their first day of school when Rosie started preschool and Katie started first grade. The dresses are Imperial tartan plaids, Rosie's in red and Katie's in blue. They have piping on the collar and cuffs and are hand smocked with a design that I believe was in an old issue of Sew Beautiful (but I'm not sure).



























I don't know what says "Back to School" better than a plaid dress with black Mary Janes and tights. I remember how they wore a little cardboard apple tag around their neck to be sure they got to the right class as they walked in to school. Every year, I take their picture by the front door on the first day of school. Their head barely reached the doorknob in preschool; now my two oldest are taller than I am!












I hope you are enjoying my Back to School posts this week. Now, to catch up on the OFB Daygown Sew Along for this week (there's always tomorrow...)!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html