I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Apple Crisp- Welcome Fall!

Today I am sharing my recipe for apple crisp.
Apple crisp is a special dish for me because my husband and I got married in New England in October, which is a beautiful time of year, when the leaves make a beautiful show. Our reception was in a building from 1796 with lots of wood and a pond with ducks. (Of course, we never order duck when dining there!) The restaurant served a delicious apple crisp for the dessert (besides the wedding cake-my other favorite!).
You'll need:
5 large or 7 small Apples
3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground Cloves
1 stick Butter, very soft
1/4 cup Apple Cider or Juice
Peel the apples. I use this handy-dandy machine that peels, cores, and slices all at once. The kids love running it for me! They've been taking apples to school this way all week.
It makes the apples spiral sliced, like a giant apple spring.
Arrange the apple slices in an 8 or 9 inch round or square pan.
Mix the dry ingredients, then stir in the butter till you have a nice, crumbly topping.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html