I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

White Wednesday - Daygown

This little white daygown was one of my first French Handsewn projects. I made it when I was 16; the year I took a class on FHS with Melissa Stone. 

I remember that I had just gotten my license and I went to the craft store (which meant driving on the highway, which I was afraid of). Anyway, my sister-in-law was expecting my first niece at the time and I saw these beautiful patterns as well as an amazing magazine; Sew Beautiful.

That year, I got a new niece and a new sewing machine on Christmas day! I had that machine until 18 months ago, when it died and I was "forced" to enter the marvelous world of machine embroidery!

This daygown is really tiny. It actually fits a newborn perfectly. This was the only thing I made that fit Andy when he was born. The pattern is called "Homecoming" by Special Request (now out of print). Do you ever wonder what happened to some of your favorite designers/pattern companies? I do.

I'm participating in "White Wednesday" at Faded Charm today!

This blogging thing is cool. Now, if only housework were so fun and easy!

4 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

I am so amazed that you did this when you were 16!! It is so beautiful.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

The gown is absolutely gorgeous. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thank you for your nice comments, ladies. It is very exciting to have someone famous reading my blog, Jeannie! I have been enjoying everyone else's inspiration for awhile and it's fun to share some of my own.

Candylei said...

Yes, it is beautiful and lovely!

pinterest-dffa4.html